Routes to Your Motorcycle Licence

There are 5 routes you can take to learn how to ride motorcycles. At our Bolton Motorcycle Training School we supply all the different types motorcycle training to suit you. From taking your CBT (basic training) to DAS (full licence) our motorcycle training instructors will teach you how to ride your bike safely and confidently on all roads. Below is the list of routes you can take to pass your motorcycle licence.

Route 1 – Compulsory Basic Training (CBT)

If you want to ride a Motorcycle, Scooter or Moped on a public road, you must take a CBT course. CBT is not a “test”, it’s a training course with a certificate at the end (DL196). The CBT certificate validates your Driving Licence, allowing you to ride Mopeds and Motorcycles for 2 years from the date of issue of the CBT certificate.

Read more

Route 2 – Restricted A2 Motorcycle Licence

Take the two modular practical tests on a 125cc (STANDARD) machine. When you Pass you will be restricted to riding a machine that produces 33 brake horse power (bhp) for two years.

Read more

Route 3 – Restricted A1 Motorcycle Licence

(Similar to Route 2) Take the modular tests on a “light bike”. This licence restricts riders to any motorcycle up to 125 cc and a power output of 11 kW (14.6 brake horse power).

Read more

Route 4 – Direct Access Training (DAS)

Take the two modular tests on a bigger bike. This route is known as the Direct Access Scheme (DAS) and is only available to people over 21 years of age. Once you pass the “Big Bike” test you can ride any bike from day 1.

Read more

Latest News